University of Ulster, Teaching Block – Coleraine
Delap & Waller were appointed under the Works Framework to carry out the Mechanical and Electrical Installations to comply with current day regulations, BREEAM requirements and to the clients specification.
The works included the introduction of a natural ventilation scheme to all areas of the building using a stacked system. An under-floor type heating system was installed piped back to manifolds located within each area and controlled via a central control panel.
The building was also fitted with PIR controlled lighting systems within each area which can be overridden by the lecturer within each area to dim up/down depending on what activity is been carried out in each space. The complete electrical installation was flush-mounted and outlet boxes and conduits had to be carefully coordinated with the poured concrete walls throughout.
Services work includes the following Electrical Services
- General and Emergency Lighting
- Mains Power Distribution fed from the Main University Building
- New Main Switchboard
- Fire Detection System
- Disabled Refuge Alarm System
- IT Infrastructure
- Containment System
- Audio Visual Wiring Systems carried out in conjunction with the Clients Audio Visual Specialist
The following Mechanical Services were installed:
- Heating & Cooling
- Ventilation with Heat Recovery
- Building Management Controls
- Sanitary Services and Fittings