PTC HERBERT BUILDING, DUBLIN
PTC is a global technology provider of the leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions transforming how companies create, operate, and service products.
PTC selected the new location of their Dublin operation to be in the Herbert Building, Carrickmines and appointed CHBC to fit-out and operate their new office. DW were appointed as Mechanical and Electrical Consulting Engineers to carry out the design, specification and supervision of the M&E portion of the works.
The office had previously been fitted out in a ‘Cat A’ open plan format and required the following rooms and areas to be constructed within the space; Reception, Meeting Rooms, Cellular Offices, OPO, Canteen / Kitchen, Storage and ICT Comms Room. The existing M&E services were required to be both modified and supplemented, and in some instances completed new services provided to complete the installation.
DW undertook liaison with the Landlord team and incumbent specialist firms to integrate the new M&E services onto the existing building infrastructure and backbone.
DW carried out the project as an Ancillary Certifier under BC(A)R.
- Solis and Wastes – modification to FCU condensate pipework and new drainage to serve the staff kitchen area.
- Water Services – new water services to the staff kitchen
- Refrigeration Services – new space cooling to the new ICT Comms Room including a roof mounted condenser unit
- Ventilation Services including Space Heating and Space Cooling – modifications to the existing Fan Coil Unit installation.
- Protective Services – new fire extinguishers
- Distribution Services – new ESB meter connection and modifications to the existing Distribution Board
- General Services – new GS throughout
- Lighting Services – modification to existing and new lighting services throughout including Architectural Lighting Solutions is selected areas
- Communications – ICT services throughout and new AV services within the meeting rooms
- Security Services – new CCTV, Intruder Alarm and Access Control and Intercom Systems
- Fire Protective Services – modifications to the existing and new equipment for the FDAS connected to the main building system.