Dundalk Racing Stadium
Dundalk Racing Stadium is Ireland’s first floodlit all weather racecourse and Europe’s first combined Horse and Greyhound racing facility comprising a New Stadium, Kennels, a Dog Track and Car parking.
Delap & Waller provided full mechanical & electrical design and inspection for the development of this stadium, which occurred in two stages.
Phase 1 of this project (completed in 2003) included a new state of the art enclosed stadium to serve greyhound racing, a new 2250m2 building with a bar, tote area, restaurant, 2 corporate boxes, kitchens and office accommodation.
The second phase (completed in 2007) involved a 120% Expansion of existing stadium and included a new 10 furlong all-weather racecourse, a new weigh-room, Jockeys and steward’s accommodation and 130 stables. New facilities provided included showers, toilets, sauna, Grooms mess room, Grooms changing and showering facilities, Press office, Vets rooms, First aid and testing rooms, Administration office, Stewards room with ante-room, Laundry room (for jockeys valets), Trainers mess room and a Tea room.
The racecourse was also floodlit to 1000 lux to accommodate high definition television pictures.
This project more than doubled the existing capacity of the stadium to 3000 persons, including 4 corporate boxes accommodating 140 persons.